Monday, June 15, 2009

CONGRATULATIONS WILL! (AGAIN)

As some of you probably remember from March, I posted a blog congratulating Will on a new job. Well, now he has another new job. Word of this got out (on Facebook) before we could tell friends and family, but for those of you that don't know yet, I am attaching Will's "goodbye blog" from cutigers.com. Will still holds a lot of respect for cutigers.com and considers its owner, Roy Philpott, to be a great person and friend. Please continue to visit his site often!

As for Will's new position, go to www.clemsontigers.com to see a sample of what his new job entails. Here is his blog explaining it all--

SAYING GOODBYE, SORT OF

Well, it wasn’t a long stay, but nevertheless it was a good one. But with that I must say goodbye to CUTigers.com as I pursue a new path in my career.

Starting today, I will officially be the editor of the Orange Update, the official E-newsletter for IPTAY donors. I will also be a contributing writer for IPTAY’s Orange the Experience Magazine — a 68-page glossy publication that will highlight all of Clemson’s sports eight times a year.

The magazine should reach the mailboxes of donors by Aug. 16 and the Orange Update will start arriving by email on Aug. 24 and will run for 37 weeks each year. Both of these publications will replace the Orange & White as IPTAY’s official publication.

For those of you who know my background, you can understand that this is a great opportunity for me. For those of you who don’t, just know this, I was born with Clemson Orange in my veins, though there is some Pittsburgh Steelers Black and Gold in there as well.

In this new position, I will get the opportunity to go behind the scenes of all the sports programs at Clemson and get a true inside look at how things are really done and the stories that come along with them.

I hope to share those stories with you that are donors in the future.

Anyway, I want to take the time to tell you guys and gals thanks for reading my blog and supporting me during my time here at CUTigers.com. I have thoroughly enjoyed covering the Tigers for you, while providing you an inside look at the programs. I have had a blast.

I also want to thank Roy for giving me the opportunity to write for you guys. I have worked for Roy as a freelance writer and then as his senior writer for the last five years. I have a great deal of respect for Roy, who totally understands what this opportunity means for me. He has been very gracious and supportive in this transition and I wish him and CUTigers all the best.

Other than me of course, Roy loves the Tigers more than anyone else that covers Clemson. I think you can read that in his writings and hear it in his voice when he is on the radio. He truly is a Clemson Tiger and I know I will keep reading his work and follow him on CUTigers for years to come.

Anyway, I hope those of you who are already IPTAY donors will like the new publications IPTAY will start in August. For those of you who are not donors, I hope you can donate sometime soon so you can see the exciting changes IPTAY has in store for the future.

It’s going to be exciting ride. I know some of you will be reading my stuff from IPTAY come August, but I guess it’s so long for now.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I must honestly say, I have no idea what all this means! But I am happy if you are happy! Cut to the bottom line, you just want to go to the Clemson games for free, right?
Seriously Will, we are so proud of you and all your accomplishments.....even though we may not be quite sure what they are, exactly. Love, Aunt Regina