Thursday, October 14, 2010

VACA--DAY FOUR

Ok, so three months later…day 4. :-)

We got up and dressed pretty quickly, ready to conquer the day.

We walked around a bit, and I met the tall fella in the picture below. He called me short. I called him freaky. Then we made up and he invited me to sit in his chair a while.

We had an early lunch at Rainforest CafĂ©. Will had never been to one. It’s one of those theme type places that grossly overcharges for the food, but I think they are cute. You eat in a jungle like setting, complete with random thunderstorms. There are mechanical jungle animals, waterfalls, overhead vines, etc. The food is pretty good as well. I got some type of pasta and Will had ribs.



Next, we headed to a place called White Water Walk that allows you to walk along side some rapids. Some very intense rapids. The ride to the location, as well as the wait in line, was torturous. It was SO hot.

The long line led to a tiny elevator. I mean, tiny. They crammed us in there like sardines. Will and I were both pretty grouchy at this point. But, we later discovered the aggravation was worth it.

Here I am, walking through some tunnel we had to go through to get to the water. Adventure time!





The water, the cliffs, the intensity of the rapids…all worth it. It was very peaceful to walk along the trail and just stare into the water. One gross thing…at the end of the walkway was a gum wall. People just put their gum there and it’s gross. My cousins and I had a gum tree when we were little. I wonder if it’s still there. Kristy?

We were supposed to go horseback riding next, but we received a call that it was too hot to take the horses out that day. We were disappointed, but of course wouldn’t want the horses to suffer either.We killed some time just walking around and seeing the sights until it was time to get ready for dinner.


This is a little incline railway that we had to ride to get to higher ground.


We ate at a place called Sandstone Grille. For some reason, the owner took a liking to us. He chatted with us for a long time and made sure we were well taken care of. The food was very good.



On the way back home, we ventured into a wax museum. Picture it…Will…Cindy…wax museum. Yeah, it was a little crazy in there. We had a good time.





We even had a wax figure made of our hands. People, it HURT. I mean, I was dancing and my pain tolerance is very high. They first dip your hands in warm wax. No problem. Felt good. But then…they PLUNGE your hands into freezing, freezing, freezing water and force you to hold them there. It felt like what getting stung by 1,000 jellyfish might feel like. I was jumping around trying to hold my hand still and this lady was just not letting go of my arm. It was a sight. I wanted to hit her. Here's the end result...sweet, right?

One final stop by the falls and then we called it a day.

No comments: