Friday, July 13, 2012

27 WEEKS

Yes, I am starting to look like a manatee.
But, the good news is that I continue to have better days. Instead of 24/7 nausea, I have bouts of nausea. I'll take it. I am also getting out a lot more, which is great. So I'll take the largeness in exchange. Ok, I got the report from my doctor about the glucose test and the bloodwork. See...what had happened WAS...I might have drank some chocolate milk the morning of my test. What? They told me I didn't have to fast! So, the nurse called today and told me I failed the test and would have to do the 3 hour screening. I confessed about the milk and told her I wanted to repeat the one hour test,after fasting,to be sure. She agreed so I will do that Monday. It made me very sick and I had a hard time holding it down without fasting, so I'm not sure how I will manage Monday. Maybe I should bring a pillow and just lay on the floor of the lab. My iron level also came back low, so I started an iron supplement today. No biggie. The nurse said that this is probably the reason I have been so exhausted. Here is the bassinet we bought.
I love it! Yes, I know we can't have a blanket and a stuffed animnal in it while the baby is using it, but I decided to dress it up until she gets here. Kelli and I went to Pottery Barn to pick it up, and I almost had a pregnancy induced hormonal meltdown. Cliff called ahead of time to be sure the one I wanted was in stock. It was the brown bassinet, like we got, but with pink bedding. When we arrived, I was told that they didn't have the brown bassinet or the pink bedding. I really wanted to cry. It would've been a classy thing to have a 2 year old meltdown at the Pottery Barn. Cashier dude looked again and said he DID have the brown bassinet, but not the pink bedding, and I couldn't get it until September. I told him just to sell me the bassinet with all white bedding and I am happy enough with it. I think the bassinet has a timeless look to it and it's very well made. Look what Addison received in the mail today.
These took me back to when my grandmother, Magranny, read these very books to me and my cousins. My grandfather still has them in his house. I think I might be about to have another hormonal moment if I think about it too much! I am overwhelmed by the amount of stuff that we still have to buy for this child. It is insane. I was up last night with nausea and I just about drove my self crazy worrying about carseats, strollers, formula, etc, etc. I know it will eventually come together. At least she has a bed! I'll let y'all know how the second glucose screening goes...if I do it...just kidding, just kidding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the bassinet. We never bought one and I wish I would have to cherish and keep. It is just precious.

And Mike's aunt sent Mason the Dr. Seuss set when I was pregnant with him. These are held in high esteem in our house. :)