Tuesday, May 5, 2009

COUNTRY ACCENTS DO NOT DEFINE IQ'S



















After I completed the required first level courses and tests for nursing school, I was given a diploma for Practical Nursing. I chose not to walk in the graduation ceremony since I am continuing on to Registered Nursing. I just completed the first upper level course for that and only have 3 more classes to go. Hip hip hooray!

I am going to take the LPN board exam soon and will then be licensed as an LPN until I take the RN boards in November. I am going to try and work over summer break and the test will be great practice for the RN board exam as well. I'll let you know when/if I pass the LPN test.

Anyway, we are going to visit family in Florida soon and Will wanted me to take this diploma down there for my parents to see it. I said, "I am not about to haul that thing down there!" Side note for all you Yankees—"haul" in southern terms has several meanings. One is "to take or carry with" another is to "to leave quickly" as in, "I hauled out of there before my boss could ask me to work on Saturday."

Anyway, I told Will that I was not going to take it, but would put a picture of it on my blog for my parents. Then he told me that he was going to take his new Pittsburgh Steelers books he recently bought down there for my parents to see and couldn't believe I wouldn't take the diploma. Ok, Mama and Daddy, don't go getting all excited about getting to see those Pittsburgh books! I know you can hardly wait! I am literally married to a nut, I'm not even kidding. My parents are used to him and his crazy self though so they will not even be surprised about this.

We went outside to take the picture and I decided that if I had to take a picture, I wanted my new flowers that I bought from Wal-Mart to be included in the shot. I am very proud of them! LOL! So, be sure to take a look at them. I don't know how long I can keep them alive since I am known for killing plants quickly.

My favorite part of the diploma is that it says that I completed with honors. I'm not even going to lie. I am very proud of that. It is has been a TOUGH road. When I picked up the diploma, I was like country come to town. I told the man, "That is NICE! I have a gold honors sticker and EVERYTHING! That is FANCY! I wasn't expecting all THIS!" He just looked at me and gave one of those obligatory laughs and was probably thinking, "I think we need to make sure this is the correct student. She doesn't sound like any kind of honors student I've ever known!"

I had my maiden name put on the diploma instead of middle name, which I thought my parents might like. Since I didn't participate in the real graduation ceremony, this blog is my ceremony! Now, everyone please stand up and clap for me as I walk down an imaginary aisle which I will pretend is the aisle at my college, when in actuality it is my living room and my cap and gown is really just my nightgown. I am getting ready to haul out of this place, before they try to take this thing away from me!

7 comments:

AmyT said...

congrats Cindy!!!!!!!

willv said...

I'm proud of you just like I am of the Steelers. If I could get your accomplishments in a book I would take them home to your parents to see as well. I love you.

Kelli said...

Go Cindy, it's ya birthday! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!

And you have no idea the hits I have taken for my "southerness" over the years. I have learned to embrace who I am and not change for anyone!!!

WITH HONORS!!! WHOO HOOOO!!!!

Anonymous said...

P.S. If I have gotten my New Englander to root for the Jaguars over the Pats, you have to do the same! ;)

Anonymous said...

I am soo happy for you Cindy!!!!! Sorry it has taken me so long to respond! I know that you have been through the mill but I also know that you have what it takes to make it!!!! Just a few more months to go to RN!!! We are so happy for you and so glad that when you start making the big bucks you will remember your poor old aunt in Florida!
Love you.

kaitlyn said...

congratulations aunt cindy!