Sunday, May 27, 2012

18/19 WEEKS-BOY OR GIRL?

For my non-facebook friends and family...we now know the gender of this baby! Although the baby got very shy and did not want us to find out right away. Here is a picture of him or her covering their little face.
Here is a picture of a tiny foot.
My youngest niece Emily got to witness the live reveal. Here she is with Cliff at the doctor's office.
It's a...
GIRL!!!!!!! A beautiful little girl! And her name is...
Addison Raine McClanathan. My middle name is Lorraine. Emily has my middle name and Addison has a shortened version of it. I felt that the first baby I lost was a little girl. I felt it from the time I knew I was pregnant. I named her Isabella Raine, so the name Raine is special to me. I wanted her first name to be a unisex name. People might prefer to call her Addi for short and that's ok with us. We are THRILLED that she is a girl. Aunt Kelli also came to the reveal.
We were shopping in the hospital gift shop before the appointment. I saw a little ruffled outfit and I knew deep down that I was going to be a little disappointed if it was a boy. I couldn't see myself not buying pink, bows, ruffles, and pearls! We have already bought her a few outfits and my parents have bought some as well. She's quite the princess already.
Ignore the Kotex on the top shelf, as my mother would like me to be prepared after the birth. LOL. I'm sure I'll do the same for Addison one day. See the two outfits on the far left? Those are boy outfits that we bought when I first found out I was pregnant. I'll donate them to someone. Emily helped pick out a toy for Addison after the appointment.
She also got to surprise Granny and Grandpa by having them shut their eyes and then laying pink outfits in their laps.
She is a very healthy baby, currently measuring right at the 50th percentile. She weighs 10 ounces. Her Mama is still very sick and still in the negative on the weight gain. I was told to eat high calorie/high fat foods. Psh. If I could, I would. Grr...doctors. We can now focus on decorating the nursery! I'm leaning towards a pink and green scheme. Something similiar to this.
I break down when I see pictures of nurseries before the baby has arrived and then pictures of the baby in the nursery. It kills me! I will probably fall out when I get to put Addison in her little nursery for the first time! She will know her Mama is crazy right then and there. LOL! I'm also currently obsessed with finding her an outfit to come home in!
I'm getting to be huge! I have a lot of difficulty standing after a squatting position at work and I'm a very grouchy and whiny sleeper now. I can't get comfortable and I'm looking for one of those pillows they make for pregnant women. My only other complaint is the extreme nausea, all day/every day, and the vomiting. Not cool. I am also a BIG fan of tums now.
We went to see the movie, What to Expect When You're Expecting. There is a character named Wendy. SHE IS ME! Totally me. In short, it took a while for her to get pregnant and that's all she wanted. After she got pregnant, she began to understand that it's not all smiles for every woman. It's a good movie. I hope that the next 4.5 months fly by. I feel like I've been pregnant for a decade. But, I know she'll be worth it. This is my song to Addison. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Xpt1SxDJw

No comments: