Tuesday, June 24, 2008

SPINNING AND BBQ


I, quite possibly, could get used to this being on break stuff really fast. I am looking for a job to fill my time between break and the start of a new class beginning in August. Part of me wants someone to call and part of me doesn't. I have applied for 11 jobs so far, anything from Wal-Mart to a home health sitter. Maybe someone will call tomorrow. Maybe they wont.


This morning I got up around 8 and crawled downstairs to the coffee pot. Since the onset of nursing school, I have become quite obsessed with coffee...absolutely can't function without it. As I sipped it with my eyes closed, I tried to plan out some sort of day.


Most of you know that I like to spin (check it out at spinning.com). I used to spin every day and was part of a very active class at the gym. I even bought my own bike to use at home. After a couple of years, I managed to get myself in pretty decent shape. Then some idiot literally came and burned the gym down one night. He was a disgruntled employee. That is another story. Anyway, it broke my heart. I tried two other gyms and they were just nothing like the first place. I rode at home off and on when I could, but since the start of school, I've barely had time to breathe. Couple that with the fact that fast food is a large part of my diet between clinicals and lecture and...presto...the addition of TWENTY pounds...lovely.


So, I informed myself this morning during my coffee wake-up ritual that I was going to get on my spin bike today. I decided to go to the store first and buy some motivation music...JT is what I ended up with. I cranked him up loud and just rode all out for 30 minutes making up my own routine as I went along. Even though my muscles were screaming at me the whole time, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I probably wont be able to walk tomorrow, but I plan to get back on and continue to do so until I can do an hour again and then I will try again to find a good spin class to join.


Will came home for lunch after my little workout and I made him lunch. He loves this idea of lunch being made for him every day now. I actually enjoy it though and don't mind. I like to find recipes and try new things. Today, I made him a sandwich on toasted chibalta bread with turkey, swiss cheese, and tomatoes. I layered the sandwich with olive oil seasoned with salt and pepper. I added an apple and yogurt and a big glass of sweet tea of course.


When Will went back to work, I attemped to lay out. I don't know why I even try because it is just too hot. I only lasted 20 minutes. But, hey, I'll take 20 minutes vs none at all.


I did some housework and then applied for a couple more jobs. Once Will got home, we decided to grill out. We found a patio set at Lowes a few weeks ago for $49. We've never had a patio set before so we really think we are it now. We've always liked to grill out and always cook too much food. We fried some squash, and grilled some corn, sausage, pork chops and texas toast (see picture of Will's plate). We have enough food to last the week now. Oh, and there goes the calories burned on the spin bike today. Oh well...

1 comment:

willv said...

I do like lunch being ready. Now I just have to get you to clean up the meal after such a big cookout.