Sunday, September 14, 2008

WISDOM WITH AGE

Today I am 33. Tomorrow I will be 34. Kind of upsetting since I was finally starting to remember how old I was when people asked. Now, I’ll be like, “I think I’m 32 or maybe 36, something like that.” I have seriously had to ask Will in the past how old I was if I needed a quick answer. I’m not even kidding. That is sad.

I’d like to think I am another year wiser and not think about the degeneration of my physical being. However, one certainly begins noticing changes at around the age of 30 and they just keep going from there. Oh well, as they say, age is just a number right?

I will try and reflect on 10 things I have learned from the ages of 0-33. I hope to learn more the older I get.

10. Even if I check my weight 3 times in a row and kick and call the scale names in between each check, the number will still be the same.

9. Laughing at inappropriate times, such as during a group meditation class, will always be a flaw of mine.

8. I have an above average sense of smell and it is not always a good thing.

7. No matter how many times I try pizza, it will always taste like wet bread, grease, and vomit to me and people telling me I am crazy for not liking it will not change that.

6. Some birds can talk and will tell me that the creepy crawler is coming and that they are going to Wal-Mart and Florida for 40 days.

5. The sun really does cause wrinkles and age spots and baby oil and iodine, used during teen years, make them worse. Who knew?

4. I know that PMS is real…very real…and can be used as a weapon.

3. I will always have air headed moments, even if I hate them. And by the way, gas with an octane level of 89 does not mean it was created in 1989. (don’t ask)

2. I will never be a morning person and will always cringe a little at those that are. I think when people start smiling the second their eyes open they should be evaluated by a psychiatrist.

1. Although he will never admit it, I have learned that my husband will always love football, the dog, and Heather Locklear a little more than he does me.

5 comments:

willv said...

The No. 1 thing is totally wrong. I love you very much and much more than football, Mr. Bailey and Heather Locklear. Though Sammie Joe from Dynasty was my first love.

Kristy said...

You really think it tastes like vomit?!

Anonymous said...

Since it is not even on your list I am guessing that you never learned not to laugh with your mouth full of food!

Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel about being 34 and forgetting your age. Anytime someone asks me how old I am I really have to think about it. I guess I should start doing a lot of math problems so I don't develop alzhemiers! I already know that I am going to be one of those crazy old ladies.

Anonymous said...

So,I am not the only one with age spots already? That's a relief, actually. I was thinking that something was wrong with me...I am starting to rethink those skipped school days I spent baking on Fernandina Beach. lol Payback 15 years later is not so fun.