Thursday, April 23, 2009

LETTER TO MEMA FROM THE 80'S

This is a letter I found in one of my photograph albums. It was written to my grandmother (Mema) on my Daddy's side. I sent her my report card in the mail and asked her to send it back to me after she reviewed it (hilarious). I can't remember how I got this letter. She may have given it to me at some point.

Because I mention that I had to go to school and Adam didn't, I am guessing I was about 9 or 10 when this letter was written. I had very sloppy handwriting for my age and I still, to this day, do not have neat penmanship. Even if I try very hard to write neatly, I can not. It is a weakness of mine.

Several things about this letter strike me as funny, but the main thing is that I mention the fact that I have to get up at 6:30 in the morning for school. I have NEVER liked getting up early in the morning. In fact, I despise it. It is not a matter of laziness. I am never late, even when I have to get up at 4:30am for clinicals, but I hate it so bad.

I love to just sleep until my body tells me to wake up. It makes me feel so much better during the day, although I rarely get to do this. It is pretty funny to me that I made a point of mentioning this to Mema.

I was letting her know that I had to get up at 6:30, which meant that I should be felt sorry for, even though Adam and Daddy had to get up much earlier than I did. Instead of saying that I didn't get to go becuase I had to go to school, I chose to say it was because I had to get up at 6:30. Even now, I still feel the need to tell people when I have to get up early (note 4:30 reference above) and how much I despise it and how pitiful I am as a result.

And how hilarious is it that I wrote that the Easter egg hunt was at Aunt Bobbie's house and then I scratched it out and put that it was at Magranny's? My guess is that I hunted eggs at both places but won the dollar at Magranny's.

The whole thing about Adam locking the bathroom door is just downright funny. I love old memorabilia type stuff such as this. It cracks me up. It's also interesting that traits from my childhood remain with me to this day.

2 comments:

AmyT said...

that is so cute...the things we think when we're younger!!

kaitlyn said...

that's a long letter!