Sunday, January 25, 2009

MY JEEP WAS MEAN TO ME

I have been studying all day. I am tired. Ok, when I say studying, I mean kind of studying and mostly surfing the Internet. In an attempt to keep the studying to a minimum, I decided to tell you what my Jeep did to me last week.

I stopped at a gas station for an icee. I don't know how many of you know this, but I am an icee/slushie/slurpie addict. I love them, really love them. I was on my way to run some errands and decided on a whim to pull into the gas station and get one.

I got out of the Jeep, hit the lock button on the keychain, and headed in. I happily came out carrying my icee and noticed that the back window of the Jeep was open. How odd. I assumed that I must have hit the "open back window" button instead of the lock button.

Still holding my drink, I went over and attempted to shut the window. Ok, now don't laugh...when I tried to shut the window, I somehow shut my head in it! And I mean HARD! It really, really hurt.

With tears in my eyes, I tried to act like everything was ok and just hoped that no one was watching. I got in the Jeep a little dizzy and then peeked through one eye into the mirror. I thought my head was going to be gashed open and I would need stitches. I was scared to look. I did though--no blood.

Then, my nursing training kicked in and I started asking my OWN self questions to see if I had a concussion. "What year is it? Do you know where you are? Who is the president?" After I assessed myself and concluded that I could drive, I continued on.

I drove to Target. I pulled into the parking lot. In the parking lot was an exact replica of my Jeep. I thought to myself, "Hmmm, how odd to see an exact replica of my Jeep. I don't see many." I parked away from that Jeep so I wouldn't get confused on the way out. I told myself, "Self, do not think that is your Jeep when you leave Target. It is parked there. You are parked here."

Do you see where this is going? I left Target, went to MY Jeep and pressed the unlock button on the keychain, so that I could put my bags in the back. Nothing. I pressed again. Nothing. So I decided to go stand by the driver's door and press the unlock button to see if would open. I went right up to the window, went to push the keychain, and noticed a man sleeping in the front seat of MY Jeep, with his foot propped up on MY steering wheel.

It was then that I realized my error. I literally ran away from the man as if he was trying to chase me. He didn't even wake up. I found my Jeep, got in, and then laughed for about 10 minutes before I could drive.

I am going to blame this seriously air headed experience on the fact that I probably did sustain a slight concussion from slamming my head in the window earlier that day. I mean, that is the only reasonable explanation, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You just have all the fun don't ya!!! LOL!