Friday, February 13, 2009

November 2007 to Present


I am attempting to clean my office up. I couldn't resist snapping a quick picture of the books and notes I have used from November 2007 to present for nursing school.

Wow! I'm not sure the picture does it justice. It looks like the Eiffel Tower from this vantage point. A lot of of blood, sweat, and tears have been shed over all these pages upon pages of information.

On Monday, I will be done with Med-Surg III. On Thursday, I start pediatric nursing (my calling). I will graduate at the end of October of this year. I'll have to take another picture then to show all of the additional books I will have to buy and the additional notes I will have to take.

The stress that nursing school has brought to my life so far can not even be explained. It has taken its toll on my health and added several gray hairs to my head. However, I know it will all be worth it in the end, right? Right!

I think I can....I think I can....I think I can....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think what you're doing is awesome!
When my grandma was 45 years old, she decided to go to nursing school!!
She loved it! She was a nurse for about 20 years.
you GO girl!!

Anonymous said...

It just took you a little longer to fiqure out what you wanted to be when you grew up, but, boy howdy, are you showing us a thing or two now! You one smart cookie.

Anonymous said...

Keep it up! I am jealous of you actually. When I was in the hospital having Mason I realized how amazing and priceless the nurses were who took care of us over the five day span...and my doctor, too.

I am in awe and inspired to do something a little more selfless myself.

I am proud of you, Cindy!