Friday, July 18, 2008

MONKEY MUNCH

Any Jon & Kate plus 8 fans out there? I wouldn't really call myself a fan, but I do watch it from time to time. On a recent episode, Kate made Monkey Munch. I couldn't stop thinking about that stuff so I found the recipe online, made it today, and took a picture of it for you. It makes a ton so I will give my neighbor half of it. When my little monkeys (aka my nieces) come to visit, I will let them make it, which I know they will love. Enjoy!

9 cup Chex
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Put cereal in large bowl.

Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in microwave.

Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. (Don't forget the vanilla like I did!)

Pour over Chex cereal, put into a large plastic bag (use a 2 gallon bag if you have one) with powdered sugar and shake well to coat.

Spread mixture evenly on wax paper and allow to cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that Monkey Munch the neighbors made some for Christmas. It was great, the only thing was that I seemed to be the only one in the house eating it! I probably gained a few pounds that week, but it was well worth it! Your blogs rock!! Keep um coming!!