Tuesday, July 1, 2008

LAZY DAY




Bad news about the AC--it has a major leak. The final quote to fix it is $1205. I guess that is one of the disadvantages to owning a home...can't call the landlord! We are going to ask around to see what other people with the same problem have paid before we make a decision. It's sad, but you just never can tell if people are trying to pull one over on ya. The repairman put enough freon in to last a few months, so he said.

Before lunch today, I took a long walk in the sun with Justin Timberlake blaring in my ears, because he is helping me "bring sexy back." Ha! When I got home, I walked around my yard collecting blackberries from various bushes. They are small, but they are good. It looks like we will get plenty more before the summer is over. I added them to some strawberries that I bought from the store for a perfect little treat. I always feel like a kid again when I get to pick blackberries right off the vine. These blackberries are smaller than the ones from my youth, but getting stuck by the briars feels the same!

As you can tell, I love summertime fruits and vegetables. We've been getting our daily servings in for sure, but don't tell Will that he is eating healthy. I try to keep that on the down low. Today, I snuck some boiled zuchinni into our baked chicken and onions and he didn't even notice. Maybe we will get his cholesterol and my blood pressure down yet.

I've been spinning every day and I have really enjoyed it. Oh, and I also pulled a muscle in my back trying to do a push-up! (Dwayne, If you are reading this, I know you are laughing at me right now.) I've been doing some light strength training, which I also enjoy. I am going to have to get back into the gym soon though, because I enjoy group exercise more.

Willie and I are getting ready to go for a little walk before dinner. The weather has been nice today--not too hot.

PS--For those who don't know, Will's family calls him Willie. When I met him though, he introduced himself as Will. Some people think I changed his name to Will, but why would I have cared if his name was Willie??? To make things even more confusing, my grandmother named our parrot Willis, but sometimes she called him Willie, and Willis calls himself Will-Will quite a bit. People always ask us if we named the parrot after Will, which I find hilarious.




1 comment:

willv said...

What's this health stuff you are talking about so fondly of... Are you trying to poison me?