Thursday, October 30, 2008

LIVING IN THE SHADOW OF A BIRD

This is our dog Bailey. He is mad because Willis gets so much attention on my blog and he does not. For one thing, he said he wants everyone to know that he is a track star and can run faster than a speeding bullet. That is why he got a letterman jacket. He said that he can also jump hurdles and not to think he can't just because his legs are only one inch long. He said he just doesn't feel like doing it, but he could if he wanted to.

Secondly, he would like for everyone to know what I did to his toenail. He is very upset and insulted about it. I don't know when/if he will forgive me. Here's what happened--

I was studying in my office and Bailey was lying behind my office chair wrapped in a blanket. I didn't even know he was back there. I pushed the chair backward and heard what sounded like a pig about to be caught for butcher. I mean, he was squealing at the top of his lungs.

I wasn't sure what was happening and it took me a second to realize that I was on top of him! I scooped him up and he was pitiful. But I was worse off than he was! I cried and just felt absolutely terrible.

I checked him out and he was fine…no bleeding, no apparent injury. A couple of hours later Will got home. I was still in my office and he walked up and showed me this long black thing he found on the floor. It looked like a long shark's tooth. Then I realized….it was one of Bailey's toenails!!! I had apparently severed it with my office chair.

I got upset all over again because that had to have been incredibly painful for him to lose a toenail that way. But, he is fine…no bleeding, no infection…and I have learned to be extra careful when I get up from my desk.

Bailey feels better knowing that everyone now understands how abused and neglected he is. He does not care that he gets clothes bought for him in the winter, has a never ending supply of food, at least 50 toys, his own blankets, and his own jar of treats. He feels very much neglected and doesn't appreciate having his toenail chopped off for no good reason and doesn't understand why Willis gets all the attention AND gets to keep all of his toenails.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, poor Bailey! Hannah said that she would give him a hug the next time she sees him! And that she got some clip on earrings, she is so crazy!

Kelli and Hannah

Anonymous said...

Poor Bailey!

Our Molly would love to give kisses to your Bailey. No, wait, she is mean. Scratch that! LOL