Friday, March 16, 2012

10 WEEKS

I was 10 weeks yesterday. I'll post a belly picture later. I've had a rough few days. Every day when I wake up, I'm sicker than the day before! It's crazy. I really, really, really have to force myself to eat and drink. Apparently, I haven't been doing a good enough job and ended up back at the doctor's office yesterday.

I did not have any ketones in my urine, which is a sure sign of dehydration, but I have lost 3 pounds since my first OB visit. 3 more anti-nausea drugs were added: Unisom (I know, right?), Reglan, and Vitamin B6.

Let me just tell you. Nothing is working! I am terribly nauseated. I was taken out of work until at least 4/3. While this means, I will be quite poor, this is a blessing because I can't do it anymore. I really can't.

As a result of all this excitement, I did get an unplanned ultrasound! I told y'all wrong. I am not having a bean. I'm having a...



Isn't he/she cute? Don't judge!

The OB/GYN on call attempted to find a heartbeat with the doppler and when I heard it, I started crying only to hear the doctor say, "Oh, that was your heartbeat, not the baby's." Aaaarrrrggghhh!!!

She continued to hunt and couldn't confirm that it was the baby's heartbeat and not mine, so she did an ultrasound. Yay! I could see the heartbeat, and little arms and legs. Just like a turtle. Once she scared the baby and he/she jumped and looked like one of those mexican jumping beans. Way cute!

I have heard from so many friends that I've lost touch with over the years. Please keep writing me. I promise to return your messages soon!

And keep the "stop the nausea" advice and prayers coming. I am miserable and frustrated.

My friends, John and Brian, came up with some unique ways to stop the sickness. I found the following on the internet, which made me think of them.

If Men Were Pregnant:

Maternity leave would last for two years with full pay.

There'd be a cure for stretch marks.

Natural childbirth would become obsolete.

Morning sickness would rank as the nation's number one health problem.

All methods of birth control would be improved to 100 percent effectiveness.

Children would be kept in the hospital until they were toilet trained.

Men would be eager to talk about commitment.

They wouldn't think twins were quite so cute.

Fathers would demand that their sons be home from dates by 10:00pm.

Men could use their briefcases as diaper bags.

They'd have to stop saying, "I'm afraid I'll drop him".

Paternity suits would be a line of clothes.

They'd stay in bed for the entire nine months.

Menus at most restaurants would list ice cream and pickles as an entree.

Women would rule the world!

No comments: