Wednesday, March 7, 2012

DRUMROLL PLEASE...

I'm pregnant!




Phew. Glad that announcement is over with.

I'll just sit back now and give you time to let it sink in.

All the little birds on jay bird street...love to hear the robins going tweet, tweet, tweet!

Just singing a little song to pass the time. You ok? Ok, me too. Moving forward.

You want to know who the father is, I bet. Or, maybe how far along I am. Or, if I am kidding. Let's start from the top...

I have wanted a child since I was 20 years old. That, my friends, is a LOT of years of trying. A lot of years of crying. Many, many, many, many tears. But, now, my prayers have been answered and this is all surreal. I'm still not sure if I'm dreaming.

I will be 9 weeks pregnant tomorrow. The due date is 10/13/2012. This is me at 8 weeks.




Yes, I look like I'm 3 months. We questioned twins, but only saw one little heartbeat at our first ultrasound.

Here's the father. C'mon down Cliff! You are the next contestant.... Wait. Focus.







Ok, so this is Cliff, with me of course. His mother is Korean. Therefore, I will be having a little Asian child, which I feel right now is a girl. He and I were great friends in high school, went many years without keeping in touch, and then BOOM...we collided again. At full force, I'd say. Now, if you would've told Cliff and I, while sitting in Mrs. Jaegar's 12th grade class, that we would one day be having a baby together we would have LAUGHED. HARD! We are both still a bit perplexed over these unusual circumstances. Perplexed, but HAPPY!

Cliff has a son named Landen. Here's a picture of the little man. He lives with us.




Landen is 8 years old and wide open. He is super smart. He always makes the A/B honor roll. I told him last night that he was going to Harvard. He said he didn't want to go to the sea. I said, excuse me? He said, you said harbour! He is very excited about being a big brother. His only complaint is that he does not want to wait months for the baby to be born. He wants the baby here NOW. Ah Landen, me too. Me too.

Back to the beginning of the pregnancy...many tears were shed, because I had some bleeding off and on. I was put on progesterone (still on it). We had an ultrasound, which I fully expected to show absolutely nothing. In my mind, there was no pregnancy and my initial joy was silly. So, after over an hour wait in the waiting room, I was shuffled back for an ultrasound. After what seemed like forever, the tech said, "I think I see a heartbeat." I went still. Very still. And very silent. What? No way. She's crazy, I thought. She went out to the waiting room to get Cliff while I sat there confused and staring up at hundreds of baby pictures...babies born to the practice. As soon as she got Cliff in his viewing seat, she resumed the ultrasound and there it was....a tiny bean, with a heart beating a million times a minute.




I'm trying hard to describe the feeling of seeing that little heartbeat. It's simply not possible. It took my breath away. I could NOT breathe. You mean me, Cindy, is having a baby? Noooooo. Seriously? Psh. Crazy. I had already resigned myself to never having a child of my own. I dealt with all the years of infertility treatment, hearing friends and families announce their pregnancies, seeing them have their babies, dealing with stupid, stupid advice such as "just relax and it will happen." That Cindy could not possibly be having a baby!

But, yes. Yes, I am. Here I sit with all out morning sickness. People, I have been sick since conception. I was sick before I knew I was pregnant. I am on Zofran AND Phenergan. I am still sick. Am I complaining? NO! I am not. I look at the sickness as proof that the baby is alive and well. My only complaint is that I have to work sick. Yeah, it sounds petty. But, to me, it's torture. Running the hospital floors for 13 hours, while nauseated to no end. It's bad. My hope is that all of this sickness will magically disappear at 12 weeks. Ha!

Stay tuned...I hope to use this blog as a way to document this pregnancy and the happenings of our unique family.

6 comments:

Kelli said...

:-) Still soooo excited!! This little baby is so loved already. Can't wait to see if I'm having a niece or a nephew! Oh and be prepared for mega spoiling to take place :-)

Cliff McClanathan aka The Daddy said...

Cindy, I love you. You are going to be an excellent mother. You have showed me things that I probably wouldn't ever thought of. I'm excited about going with you on this naseous but joyous adventure. You will make us proud to call you a mother.

Aunt Sharon said...

You will be an awesome Mom Cindy. Praying for the nausea to go away :)

Anonymous said...

I always wondered why you didnt have kids. You always seemed like you'd be an awesome mom and I know you adore your neices and nephews. I pray you have a healthy pregnancy and baby. You're both such sweet people and will be great parents. Well Cliff already is :) Thanks for sharing you made me all teary eyed but they were happy tears.
Love ya,
Wendy

Amy Lewis said...

Cindy... words cannot describe how I happy I am for you and Cliff!! I am sitting here crying right now reading this!! Everything u said hits home with me VERY MUCH!!! Chris and I want kids soooo very much and my female issues are a constant hinder for all of the avenues we try. I get soooo aggravated that I just have to take a break sometimes. If anybody deserves a child... its you and Cliff. You guys are WONDERFUL people and this child will be sooo lucky to have you both!! I'm sooo happy for you two!! Congratulations!!!! You give me hope!!!

Amy Lewis said...

Cindy and Cliff.... I'm so ecstatic for you right now. Chris and I both know the struggles of trying to have kids and getting frustrated. When I read this I totally started crying because you two deserve happiness!! It's funny how things turn around for you when you are with your soulmate!! I too have come to the conclusion that maybe kids just isn't in the stars for me and Chris, but you have given me hope that maybe it can still happen. You both are going to be such wonderful parents and I'm soooo happy for you both. Can't wait to see you at the reunion.... This is just such amazing news.... Congratulations!!!